Breastfeeding is a natural process for every new mother. If you have a new baby, some important changes occur during breastfeeding. Her breasts have just begun to produce milk to feed your child, and there are not enough words to describe this overwhelming emotion.
On the one hand, you have just begun to understand your baby’s diet, and your breasts are forced to produce larger quantities of milk, which causes these embarrassing leaks to occur very frequently. They tend to feel a sudden surge of hot milk in your nipples wherever you are. This also causes anxiety and stress if you are a mother for the first time and you do not know how to deal with an emergency.
Leaky breasts are a common challenge that you have to deal with until you and your baby are tied up and enter the routine. In most cases, the leakage that starts actively at the beginning of breastfeeding slows down slowly when you set up a firm shape to feed your baby.
What causes the leak?
The reason is clear and simple. Breastfeeding begins to actively quench after starting. Milk is sometimes produced in larger quantities, unpredictably wherever you are.
- Leaks are caused by relaxation reflexes in your breasts during feeding. This reflex is performed as soon as you breastfeed your baby.
- Your baby begins to breastfeed while breastfeeding. Your body needs time to figure out when to produce milk.
- As your body still meets your child’s daily routine, your breasts will lick, drip and lactate, even if you are not feeding your baby.
- Surprisingly, physical and emotional triggers also cause leakage. You may be surprised to know that there may be a leak even when you are away from your baby. Simple thoughts about your baby, looking at your picture or even your baby’s crying can cause a sudden jump.
- For other reasons , your baby’s incomplete feeding times can cause milk to accumulate in your channels and cause leaks. This also causes the milk channels to become clogged. Make sure that your baby is awake and ready for feeding. If you are out, it is recommended that you discard the breastmilk and store it correctly.
- Special breasts are another cause of leakage. If you are a working mother and you have forgotten to pump your breasts while working, the tension will start to compress the milk channels and cause a rapid rise.
- The hot shower also triggers leakage as your breasts have an active circulation.
- Sex may also leak due to hormonal activity . A simple arousal can stimulate your nipples while breastfeeding your baby.
- A calorie and nutrient -rich diet often catalyzes faster milk production and leads to a leak. This is completely normal. It is always important to eat healthy while breastfeeding your child.
Measures to prevent leaks:
For common leaks there are some simple measures that can be taken during the emergency:
1. Nursing pillow:
Nursing pillows will definitely come to your rescue.
- Make sure you have a set of disposable nursing pillows at home or outdoors.
- They are often the best place to deal with the sudden flow that happens unpredictably.
- It is advisable that you fill up enough nursing pillows to replace the padded ones in extreme situations.
- It is advisable to use the disposable items instead of the washable cotton inserts or those with plastic inserts, since the moisture absorption is lower.
- Sleeping with a towel on the bed or attached nursing pillows can help control the leak while you sleep.
2. Pumping breast milk:
Pumping excess milk if you are not feeding your baby can help you in two ways. First, you are less threatened with the possibility of breast injury. Second, it helps to prevent the sudden leakage.
- Make sure your hands are clean and hygienic while pumping manually.
- Not everyone responds well with this option as it can sometimes lead to heavy leakage.
- See if the pumping mechanism actually helps you deal with the crisis.
- You can either use a breast pump or pump it out by hand.
3. No whites:
Do not wear white clothing before you are satisfied with your breastfeeding routine.
- White can clearly show your leakage, which causes more embarrassment, especially if you belong to a group of people.
- Wear comfortable clothing and a suitable nursing bra to prevent any venting that causes leakage.
- Do not wear tight clothing that stuffs the chest area. This can often cause your breasts to drip milk.
4. Avoid engorging of breasts:
Mostly, leakage occurs as soon as your breasts are piled up and jammed. Avoiding the situation can massively protect you from leaks.
- The enlargement of the breast happens when you delay your child with feeding or forget to pump your breast if you are not breastfeeding.
- Make sure you take precautions when crushing your breasts, as it also causes other complications.
- DO NOT use any medication unless you have pain due to blocked milk ducts or blocked breasts. Treat leaks as a natural process of motherhood.
- In case of extreme pain, you can take painkillers prescribed only by your doctor.
- Never pamper yourself with self medications or buy prescriptions while breastfeeding, as this is reflected in your breast milk.
- If you have any questions about leaks or clogged milk channels, talk to your doctor in detail.
Dealing with a leak in the early days can sometimes be frustrating, but get stuck there. As soon as you know your baby’s feeding routine exactly, you do so with your breasts. You will be surprised if the milk is being produced at the time of feeding your baby. One of many natural wonders unexplained!